One of the world’s 122 best programmes in the field!
This highly recognised (EPAS accreditation) programme is for you if you are interested in economics and business, looking to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work as a manager at an international company or in the public sector. You can either specialise in finance and accounting or in marketing and communication, and will acquire very good business English skills along the way. Studies take place at EBS Tallinn campus (Lauteri 3).
You can also choose to expand your knowledge by selecting the Game Management module in addition to your chosen specialisation.
If you want to understand the role of data in business decisions and how it relates to technology innovation, have a look at our business technology subjects.
Why choose International Business Administration study programme in Tallinn?
- The study programme has the highest level of international recognition, namely the EPAS accreditation.
- Lecturers, who are also specialists in their field help students acquire broad knowledge regarding economics and business and to find solutions to the most common management challenges.
- You will create a social network of like minded people, together with whom you can put to use what you have learned and make your dreams a reality.
- Strong contacts with corporate world.
- Modern teaching methods are supported by the cloud-based e-learning platform Canvas, which is used by many of the top universities around the world.
- Studying takes place in small study groups (up to 35 students) depending on the goal of the lecture. You are advised by your personal study consultant.
- You can either spend the fall semester of the second academic year abroad (mobilitiy window) in one of EBS’s 60 partner universities worldwide or specialise in the direction of finance and accounting or in the direction of marketing and communication. EBS has the strongest network of partner universities among Estonia's universities, which include many of Europe’s best business schools (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, and many others).
- The opportunity to acquire a double degree at Lancaster School of Management selected as Great Britain’s University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2018).
Graduates of this programme often work as marketing or finance specialists and project managers at medium-sized companies or in the public sector organisations. Research shows that the salary of EBS graduates in the field of business and management is higher in comparison with graduates from other universities.
Double Degree from UK
All EBS International Business Administration students are eligible to acquire a double degree from EBS and Lancaster University Management School. Students participating in the double degree programme will study for the first two years at EBS and the next two years at Lancaster University in the UK. The prerequisite for graduation is defending one’s final thesis. The foreign university degree is valid together with the degree from EBS.
Please contact EBS' International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to pursue a double degree.
- The required GPA is 4.0.
- The students will study for the first two years at EBS' International Business Administration programme and the next two years at Lancaster University, in the UK.
- The students will join the LUMS' BSc Business Management degree. Information on this course (including entry requirements) can be found on the following webpage.
- The Times and Sunday Times newspapers in Great Britain named Lancaster University as the University of the Year 2018, and Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) has all of the most important international accreditations (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA).
- Studies at LUMS are closely tied to the university's high-level research activity.
- The universtiy has a strong alumni movement and a highly-rated campus.
Finance and Accounting
You will acquire the necessary knowledge in finance and accounting to work as a financial specialist or manage your finances successfully as a small entrepreneur.
When specialising in the direction of finance and accounting, you will learn:
- financing of start-ups;
- investment management and risk analysis;
- company financing and taxation;
- financial reporting.
The study programme has been recognised by the CFA Institute, and courses in the field of finance are taught with regard to the first level requirements of CFA. The topics covered during courses in the field of accounting largely coincide with ACCA’s corresponding examination topics.
Marketing and Communication
You will be able to plan and implement suitable marketing activities for achieving company objectives, and convincingly and professionally present your ideas.
When specialising in the direction of Marketing and Communication, you will learn:
- digital marketing and advertising;
- consumer behaviour and pricing;
- cross-cultural communication and business behaviour.
The application deadline for EU applicants and applicants from Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, USA, Canada, Japan in DreamApply for the study year 2021/2022.
- Apply through Dream Apply Student Admission Platform.
*Non-EU citizens need to pay the application fee (120€) once they have received the invoice through Dream Apply system. Application documents will be processed only after the application fee is received.
- Send your educational documents to EBS to the following address: Admissions and Studies Office, Lauteri street 3, room 103, 10114, Tallinn, ESTONIA
To whom: Liina Reimann, Admission and Student Experience Project Manager
- An admission interview will be held by EBS representatives online via Teams or at the office.
Once the student has sent all necessary documents for applying, has obtained the required level of English of and has successfully passed the entrance process (incl. interview) the Admission Committee will decide upon the student's admission.
*If you are a non-EU citizen, apply for temporary residence permit for studies in Estonia.
- Tuition fee payment
After being accepted the student will be issued the tuition fee invoice for one academic year.
- The signing of the study contract
When the student has arrived in Estonia and to EBS, then the study contract is signed between the student and the university.
For entering the International Business Administration programme which is instructed in English applicants have to submit results of an internationally recognized test of English on a required level of B2 as follows:
- TOEFL iBT score 87
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing Service) 5.5 with 5.5 or above in each band.
- Cambridge test - FCE, CAE, CPE
The internationally recognized test of English may be replaced by:
- Completion of previous educational level in a country where the English language is spoken as mother-tongue. EBS waves requirement only for the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand.
- Completion of the previous level of education taught fully in English in EU/EEA member states. Please note that the transcript of record must include that studies were conducted fully in English.
- A graduation certificate from an International Baccalaureate School with English result minimum 5
- Other countries have to present an internationally recognized language test even if the student studied previously in the English language.
- Oral and written entrance test in English at EBS score min. 75%.
High school mathematics results will be taken into consideration. See assumed knowledge of mathematics HERE