Aet Toots (Estonian) has an MBA-degree with the major in accounting and finance from Estonian Business School (EBS). She has over 25 years of teaching experience of Business English and over 15 years that of accounting. She has gained experience at middle-level managerial level as the head of the English language department and later as the head of the Language Centre at EBS. In recent years, she has also been involved in academic programme development both as the head and a member of different degree programme committees. In addition to Estonia and EBS Helsinki in Finland, she has delivered courses in accounting and decision-making on Erasmus exchange in the UK, and is teaching the course of Management Control in the MSc in General Management programme at the IAE Aix-en-Provence in France. In addition, she has done translations from Estonian into English, especially in the field of business and accounting and finance.
Estonian Business School, 2003, MBA – major in Accounting and Finance
Tartu University, 1991, University Diploma - Romanic-Germanic philology - English language and literature
The latest (2017) articles have been published in Äripäev: Raamatupidamise praktik:
- "Rahvusvaheline ametialane kirjavahetus". Äripäev: Raamatupidamise praktik, september 2017, 7-8.
- "Rahvusvaheline erialane sõnavara". Äripäev: Raamatupidamise praktik, aprill 2017, 19-20.
- "Tasuvusnäitajate ülesanne". Äripäev: Raamatupidamise praktik, veebruar 2017, 17-18.
The most important publication is the four-language dictionary of accounting terms:
- Dictionary of Accounting Terms: English – eesti – français – Deutsch). Deebet. Tallinn, 2008. (co-author Jaan Alver)
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Management/Managerial Accounting
- Accounting and Finance Communication
- English for Finance and Economics