Investors are always on the lookout for the next best investment. The definition of what that is, though, is difficult to describe. The evidence related to investor performance is substantially stacked against any particular investor being able to select any specific investment that delivers substantial return relative to the risk taken. Hence, the prudent decision is to invest in low-cost investments, such as index funds, and watch one’s portfolio go up and down with the market. Or is it…?
Recent advances in technical tools allow investors to evaluate value driving opportunities that were not available only a decade ago. Additionally, access to a substantial trove of both traditional and alternative data sources provide opportunities to discover those investments generating returns that outweigh their risks.
The purpose of nanodegree Quantamentals I is to provide participants an opportunity to learn about, and to implement data-based investment decision-making tools that incorporate both traditional fundamental analysis concepts, as well as recent advances in data-oriented quantitative techniques. There is wide appeal for acquiring the knowledge and skills presented in Quantamentals I, but the primary target group for this nanodegree contains those who want to learn how to join traditional fundamental investment concepts with quantitative investment techniques. Individuals in this target group encompass, but are not limited too, fundamental stock pickers, traditional industry analysts, passive and active portfolio management professionals, as well as technically oriented investment professionals who are interested in balancing the technical aspects of finance with traditional fundamental investment concepts.
The objective of this module is to provide opportunities to learn the quantitative and qualitative aspects of a holistic investment approach. As is the case when forming an investment porfolio, one must also consider how data, statistics, and concepts of "value" can be incorporated into an implementable investment decision-making process that meets the objectives and constraints of an investor.
Subjects within the nanodegree
- Acquiring, Preparing, and Analyzing Basic Economic and Financial Data (3 ECTS) 22.08.20 and 5.09.20
- Understanding the Financial Statement (3 ECTS) 19.09.20 and 3.10.20
- Basic Quantitative Investment Tools (3 ECTS) 17.10.20 and 31.10.20
- Basic Stock, Bond, and Alternative Asset Opportunities (3 ECTS) 14.11.20 and 28.11.20
- Nanodegree Portfolio Formation Capstone Project (3 ECTS) 12.12.20
Upon completion of this nanodegree, you acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Perform data acquisition, preparation, and analysis techniques
- Document relevant fundamental and quantitative factors impacting asset valuation
- Explain connections between macroeconomic and industry/sector data in determining various asset valuations
- Balance quantitative techniques and fundamental analyses when making asset valuation recommendations
- Determine the relevant data and valuation techniques applicable to equity investments
- Incorporate relevant economic data and valuation techniques when determining fixed-income valuation processes
- Formulate specific real-estate valuation considerations
- Describe a thorough understanding of how alternative investments impact the overall portfolio formation process
- Implement portfolio formation techniques that incorporate overall market and asset-specific quantitative and fundamental information
- Construct an appropriately diversified investment portfolio specific to an investor’s overall objectives and constraints
Price for the full module: 2250 €
10% discount applies for alumni.
It is possible to buy each course separately.
Paying in two or more parts 35 € will be added to the total sum
- Basic understanding of finance
- Bachelor degree and minimum 3-year working experience in the business or finance.
or bachelor degree in business, management, economics
- Master sufficient proficiency in English (B2)
- send us CV or LinkedIn profile
- Passed consultation with EBS consultant
EBS alumni can go to my.ebs.ee and add the full module or course into the cart.
Beginning of course
End of module