Core Competencies in Finance and Accounting microdegree programme starts
Our new bachelor level microdegree is designed for those interested in starting an international career in finance. The content is aligned to the equivalent topics in the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Applied Skills exams and CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Level 1 requirements. Faculty and students of different nationalities create a unique cultural space which broadens your worldview and encourages to think big.
The microdegree is part of a business administration programme (bachelor level) that has received the highest international recognition among business schools - accredited by EFMD.
Participation in the program does not require a bachelor's degree, but requires basic knowledge of finance or previous work experience in the financial field.
The key points of this microdegree are
- The framework and standards for financial reporting;
- Presentation and interpretation of financial statements for a single entity and a group;
- Financial markets and institutions;
- Investment portfolios, risk and return;
- Fundraising and capital structure;
- Ethical standards for finance professionals.
The Core Competencies in Finance and Accounting training program could be beneficial and interesting for the following individuals taking into account that learners should have prior foundational knowledge in finance and accounting:
- Recent graduates in economics, business management, or accounting who wish to enhance their knowledge and gain practical skills in the field of finance and accounting.
- Working professionals in finance and accounting who seek to deepen their knowledge and advance their careers in this field.
- Experienced business owners and managers who want to improve their financial management skills and gain a better understanding of their company's financial aspects.
- Business executives and professionals working in areas such as marketing, sales, human resources, etc., who desire to acquire a strong understanding of finance and accounting principles to better comprehend the financial situation of their company and make strategic decisions.
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs who aim to acquire foundational knowledge in financial reporting, financial markets, and financial decision-making to effectively manage their businesses.
Note! The training program assumes prior foundational knowledge in finance and accounting, therefore it is most beneficial for those who already have a certain understanding and experience in these areas.
Learning takes place together with EBS full-time students, and in addition to lecture days, the volume of the course also requires independent work. Study meetings will be held from Monday to Friday, during timeslot 10:15- 17:15. The first two courses start on September 5 and the last course ends on December 15. The exact schedule will be published in MYEBS by the end of June at the latest.
Registration for the program will take place until August 15 or until the end of free places. The discounted price is valid until August 8. We recommend that you have an online conversation with an EBS representative first part of summer! Book an appointment here (NB! An interview will be not held between the end of July and the beginning of August!) You can register yourself into to programme via MyEBS (if you have MobileID or SmartID, intro here). Registration opens at the end of June.
Upon completion of the program, learners receive a certificate. Participants are expected to have a secondary education, basic knowledge of accounting and English language skills at a minimum B2 level. The programme is meant for members of EU/EEA countries or people who have a permanent or temporary residence permit of the Republic of Estonia.