Data is revolutionising the way companies operate, and companies that view data as a strategic asset are the ones that will survive and thrive. The importance of data across every aspect of business will only increase with the massive growth of big data and the Internet of Things, plus rapidly evolving methods for analysing it.
There are some core areas where data really matters to a business: for improving decision making, operations, and the monetisation of data. The aim of this specialisation is to provide knowledge and practical tools for creating and introducing data strategy based on your company’s needs.
Subjects within the nanodegree
Fall 2020 semester
- Database Management (6 ECTS)
The aim of the course is to provide an understanding of databases and database management systems, designing databases and using data models. Also, it is essential to support the theoretical part of the course content by doing hands-on tasks using query language.
- Data Analysis and Visualisation (6 ECTS)
The aim of the course is to understand the theory behind data analysis and visualisation while using relevant tools to conduct the analysis and create visualisations.
- Economics and Politics of Digital Ecosystems (3 ECTS) (elective)
This course provides understanding the organizational and social aspects of digital ecosystems, and the complex interplay between people, business processes and digital technologies in organization.
- Cyber Threats (and Human Risk Behaviour) (3 ECTS) (elective)
Spring 2021 semester
- Emerging Technologies and Business (6 ECTS)
- AI in modern business (3 ECTS)
The Emerging Technology course will focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in modern business. The managerial perspective to AI will enable you to gain an understanding of how the growth and application of AI will change the business landscape. By the end of the course you are able to craft AI strategy for a business.
- Data Literacy (3 ECTS)
Every business is dealing with an incredible amount of data. But collecting it isn’t the same as understanding it. Data literacy is the ability to read, work with, analyse and communicate with data. It’s a skill that empowers you to ask the right questions of data and machines, build knowledge and make decisions.
- Data in Business (3 ECTS)
Today, every business is data business. It is already revolutionising the way companies operate and it will become increasingly critical to organisations in coming years.
Fall 2021 semester
Upon completion of the subjects you have:
- A systematic overview of the company's need for information
- An understanding, knowledge and skills of data management and data analytics
- Ability to organise and use real-world data collections and data visualisation tools
- Sound knowledge and skills in economic, legal, political and security aspects of digital ecosystems
- Awareness of the legal aspects and cyber threats associated with the development of data and IT management.
Price for the 15EAP nanodegree module: 2250 euros per participant
10% discount applies for alumni.
If you pay by two or more installments, there is an additional charge of 35 euros added to the total sum.
Beginning of module