Data is revolutionising the way companies operate, and companies that view data as a strategic asset are the ones that will survive and thrive. The importance of data across every aspect of business will only increase with the massive growth of big data and the Internet of Things, plus rapidly evolving methods for analysing it.
There are some core areas where data really matters to a business: for improving decision making, operations, and the monetisation of data. The aim of this specialisation is to provide knowledge and practical tools for creating and introducing data strategy based on your company’s needs.
Subjects within the nanodegree
Fall 2020 semester
- Cyber Security and Legal Aspects of Data Protection (3 ECTS) 06.11.20-18.12.20 (every other Friday - available seats left)
The aim of the course is to form a comprehensive understanding why data protection and security should be part of business responsibilities in order to minimise the potential financial costs for non-compliance, loss of reputation or operations.
- Database Management (6 ECTS) during period 28.08.20-18.12.20 (every other Friday)
The aim of the course is to provide an understanding of databases and database management systems, designing databases and using data models. Also, it is essential to support the theoretical part of the course content by doing hands-on tasks using query language.
- Data Analysis and Visualisation (6 ECTS) during period 28.08.20-18.12.20 (every other Friday)
The aim of the course is to understand the theory behind data analysis and visualisation while using relevant tools to conduct the analysis and create visualisations.
Spring 2021 semester (starting on 21st of January)
The evolving COVID-19 outbreak marks the beginning of a new chapter in businesses, economies and societies globally. In the current unprecedented times, a rapid digital transformation is enabling the creation of new information technology driven value chains that are deeply transforming business processes and activities across all industries. Crucially, even successful organisations in the pre-COVID economy have found themselves unprepared to respond and adapt fast to the new digital challenges and the need to integrate and align them with existing and new sustainable organisational activities.
The objective of this nano degree is to equip students with the knowledge and tools they need to adapt to the new contemporary challenges business are facing.
Competences and key topics
The competencies that will be developed in this degree are to acquire the necessary understanding of the ongoing transformations in the following areas:
- Digital connectivity and AI
- Increasing reliance on smart organisations
- Supply network design and global logistics
- Resiliency and digitisation via new IT projects
- Digital Project Management (6 ECTS)
The objective of this course is to provide existing and future managers with the leading business practices that bring digital projects to successful implementation and fruition. The course is planned to take place in two parts. The first part of the course identifies the evolving strategic role of digital project managers. The second part covers more advanced topics of digital project management such as budgeting, monitoring, control and evaluation.
- Executive Data Strategy (3 ECTS)
This course will explore how business leaders can manage the development of their organisations´executive data strategies, turning big data to smart data to make the right business decisions.
- Digital Supply Chain Design (3 ECTS)
This course will prepare business leaders to the changing national and international strategic landscape and the contribution that digital supply chains increasingly play for business survival in the evolving COVID-19 outbreak.
- AI & Sustainable Start-Up Ecosystems (3 ECTS)
This course will provide the opportunity for business leaders to reflect on the role of AI and sustainable start-ups in societal challenges, such as climate change, health emergencies, Corporate Social Responsibility and the role of business in the Global Goals.
- Machine Learning Project Management
Students will explore what to consider when leading various projects with AI as the technical solution. This includes, but is not limited to, tools on how to manage teams and lead change, deepening the knowledge of design thinking in project management, process design and facilitation skills, and ethical
implications and mitigation of risk when AI is the enabling technology.
Upon completion of the subjects you have:
- A systematic overview of the company's need for information
- An understanding, knowledge and skills of data management and data analytics
- Ability to organise and use real-world data collections and data visualisation tools
- Sound knowledge and skills in economic, legal, political and security aspects of digital ecosystems
- Awareness of the legal aspects and cyber threats associated with the development of data and IT management.
Price for the 15 ECTS nanodegree module: 2250 €
10% discount applies for alumni.
It is possible to buy each course separately.
Paying in two or more parts 35 € will be added to the total sum.
- Basic understanding of business and entrepreneurship
- Bachelor degree and minimum 3-year working experience in the business or relevant area
or bachelor degree in business, management, economics
- Master sufficient proficiency in English (B2)
- send us a CV or LinkedIn profile
- Passed consultation with EBS consultant
EBS alumni can go to my.ebs.ee and add the full module or course into the cart.
- For EBS alumni or previous open university participants, please use your current EBS account (previously named OIS account). If you do not remember it contact with email@example.com
- For the prospective learner, please fill the registration form and register to the consultation.
Beginning of module