Entrepreneurship professor at the Estonian Business School Management Department, has managed the EBS Entrepreneurship Department. Trainer at the EBS Executive Education. Investor, member of the Estonian Business Angels Network ESTBAN and Estonian Consultants Association. Experience of conducting courses as visiting professor at Aalto University and at other Finnish universities, in Germany, France, Sweden, Denmark, Poland Czech Republic and Slovenia. Has been member of the economic commission of the Academic Advisory Board of the Estonian President and member of the Advisory Board of Entrepreneurship of the Ministry of Economy. In 1992-2000 the main owner and CEO of the training and consultancy company EM-International. During Estonian transition to the market economy Tiit Elenurm managed the International Management Department of the Estonian Management Institute that transferred international management and entrepreneurship know-how to Estonia. Earlier work experience in applied research and consultancy projects at the Tallinn University of Technology.
Main competence fields as researcher and trainer: innovative and cross-border entrepreneurship, international business and export management, co-creative and individual entrepreneurial orientations, creativity and change management, corporate governance, business opportunities in virtual networks, business opportunities when supporting internationalization of entrepreneurs from Estonia and other Baltic countries.
Interested to find new international co-operation partners for new research projects related to three research directions:
• Co-operation between start-up founders and business angels
• Digital tools for monitoring cross-border business opportunities and creating cross-border venture teams
• Development journeys that match different entrepreneurial orientations of students
PhD from the Plekhanov Institute of National Economy (Moscow) in 1980. The dissertation: "Problems of management of the implementation process of new organizational structures". Tallinn University of Technology degree of industrial management and planning in 1974. Tiit Elenurm has had postdoctoral fellowships at the Helsinki School of Economics and London
• NordPlus Nordic Ideation Camp
• Systematic Development of Entrepreneurial Mind-set and Entrepreneurship Education at All Educational Levels (EETA)
• Corporate governance
• Knowledge management and intellectual capital
• Entrepreneurship success factors in open e-learning (MOOC)
• Sole Proprietorship. Managing Small and Growing Businesses
• International business
• Business in virtual networks
• New management ideas in open e-learning (MOOC)
• Elenurm, T., 2015. Combining Cross-Border Online Teams and Field Projects in Developing Entrepreneurial Competencies. In: V.Taras, and M.AS. Gonzalez-Perez, eds. The Palgrave Handbook of Experiential Learning in International Business. London: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 186-201.
• Elenurm, T. 2015. Estonia's Laser Diagnostic Instruments (LDI) AS: Beaming toward Growth. In: Parts, J., Sosna, M., Sysko-Romanczuk (Ed.). Entrepreneurial Icebreakers (pp. 210−234), Macmillan Publishers Ltd.
• Elenurm, T. 2012. Entrepreneurial orientations of business students and entrepreneurs. Baltic Journal of Management, 7 (2), pp. 217−231.
I apply entrepreneurship and investment knowledge in business angel activities and as mentor for start-ups. In have managed not to be late to my classes during traffic rush hours, as I prefer to use bicycle to reach my workplace if tough timetable and multitasking does not force to drive my car. Global travelling opportunities, including lectures abroad, offers new insights for international business. During vacation I prefer hiking and cycling trips in countries that are far away from Estonia.